cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP and Caller ID on FXO ports?

ric.james
Level 1
Level 1

I have read through several messages that Caller ID isn't supported on FXO ports when using MGCP. There was some speculation that it would be, but other opinions that it'd never happen. Can anyone provide an update about whether/when Cisco will get around to this?

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ric,

This is definitely still not supported when using Cisco CallManager as the MGCP Call Agent, however this is possible using other call agents.

As far as I am aware, getting this feature implemented in Cisco CallManager is on a list of features to implement, but it's not committed to any particular release at this time, due to lack of demand. The best way to make it happen is to have your Cisco account team bring this up with the Cisco CallManager marketing group so that it can be specifically planned.

Thanks for the update! I will notify the account team. Our firm is certainly seeing a demand for this kind of feature and we anticipate more in the future as more smaller-to-medium sized businesses deploy VoIP solutions.

Thanks again!

Is there any information if caller id is now supported via MGCP using CallManager as the Call Agent??

TIA,

-Jose

Still not supported and according to the information I have, it really isn't being looked at right now as a feature add. Best suggestion is by Jason to open a PERS with your Cisco account team to try and get this moved up the chain.