cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Global Directory

mgerron
Level 1
Level 1

Some how our Global directory on the phones have disappeared. We can still access and view users in the call manager, but the option in the phone itself no longer has a global directory option. Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the Enterprise Parameter in your Publisher.In that there should be a parameter called "URL Directories".Check that value it should have something like http://IP address of your primary callmanager//CiscoServices/XXXXXX.asp

Else if you have that there correctly change the IP adress to the subscriber and check whether u got back your directories on the phone.

If the above solution doesn't help, upgrade the phone loads to latest, 6.0.4 for 7960/7940.

I tried that and changed the value from the hostname to the IP then restarted the Services and phones, but it still does not work.

What services you reseted after the change. Also have you reseted the IP phone.

If even after reseting the Global Directory dont work the try changing the IP address of the Directory service in the Enterprise Parameter to the subscriber IP adress and reset phone and test the global directory. If it works it may be a problem with the directory service with you Pub.

You shold reset the TFTP service in your PUb and reset IP phone and test.

We have tried that, but we still have the same problem. We even tried to restart both Pub, Sub and phones with no luck.

What version of Call Manager are you using? Also what version of firmware for the phones (7940/7960)?

-Rob

Hello!

What happened with the problem in the end? I have the same thing going on at my customer's place.

Dragi

Hello,

I do not know what is the result of this issue but I do have a similar issue with our 7960's. Every once and a while one or two phones will not show the Corporate Directory from the directories button. I have found the only way to make this options show back up is to power the phone off and back on. I have tried resetting the phone and it does not work. As soon as I power cycle the phones it comes back and works fine.

I would like to know the result of the original issue.

Troy

Upgrade the phone load to 6.0.5 and then check if u have this issue or not...

Thank for the reply, I will give it shot.

Troy