cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Alerting, No Ringback Ip Phone PSTN Call

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Calling through a h323 - PRI gateway using and IP phone there is no ringback (because the PBX does not send the ISDN Alerting message)

Calling through the same h323 - PRI gateway from other H323 Gateway (using the same Callmanager as a Tandem PBX) there is ringback. Also the PBX does not send the alerting message.

After some debugs in tandem calls I found that Callmanager open h245 negociations before receiving Connect or Alerting message.

Since to be that CallManager does not behave the same when a call came from a H323 Gateway to a H323 Gateway than when a I call came from an IP Phone to a H323 Gateway.

Any sugestion?

5 Replies 5

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

hi

put this in your PSTN outgoing dial peer

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

hope this helps

dave

Dave

The problem is not the progress indicator. The PBX sets well the progress indicator in isdn PROGRESS message.

The problem is that when the call is a tandem from H323 Gateway to H323 Gateway (using the CCM for H323 tandem signalig) the CCM negociates the h245 channels (rtp) before ISDN Alerting or Connect message.

When the call is from IP Phone to h323 gateway the CallManager waits for ISDN Alerting or Connect Message to negociate H245 channels (rtp).

Thanks

Alex

Hi,

Have you tried configuring:

tone ringback alert-no-pi

on the POTS peer?

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

Andy

Andy

No difference.

The problem is that there is no ISDN alerting message. This work if there is alerting message but the remote does not generate rinback, then the router generate ringback

Thanks

Alex

I wonder if you could do something with the Call Manager Service Parameter 'Send H225 User Info Message' parameter. I remember some ringback issues related to that, can't find specifics at the moment, might be worth a try.

Mary Beth