Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound calls disconnects after 10 minustes

furqanali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CCM 3.3.4 on a cisco approved hp server. Everything is working properly except that all the outbound calls through CCM gets disconnect after 10minutes. Does anyone know what is missiing or if there is a configuration problem?

Thanks

SFA

6 Replies 6

Eric Krieger
Level 1
Level 1

You haven't given much information to determine where your problem "starts".

Just a hunch, but my feeling tells me at this moment to look at the PSTN connection. Please look at the following questions:

What kind of connection to the outside world (PSTN) do you have; what kind of Gateway(s) (hardware and its configuration) do you use?

Is this problem only with outbound (PSTN) calls, or also with Inbound calls?

If you use ISDN, are you sure that you don't have any issues at that part (clock slips for example, which could be a misconfiguration at the gateway)?

Eric

Yes, this 10 minutes disconnection occurs for both Outbound and Inbound calls.

I have purchased a VoIP solution from a telecom. They have reserved a PRI for me with 25 DIDs. Also, I think telecom is using the Cisco gateway at their end since they had to create a Dial Peer for my voice calls.

Hope this would give you an idea of my setup.

Thanks

SFA

MichaelJSchulz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is no timer (callmanager and q.931) to configure disconnect calls after x minutes.

I think it could be a problem at the pstn side. Possible is also that there is the wrong type of classification at the isdn side (subscriber, unknown or national) so that the provider will stop connections after x minutes.

Please give me more configuration informations about the problem and possible traces, to give you more help.

greetings

Michael

Do you have a firewall?

I had the same problem (7 minutes) with firewall configuration (no Pix).

Marco

Someone else had posted a similar problem back in Jan, and I had dug up and posted the following:

Jan 28, 2005, 9:14pm PST

There were some discussions here a few months ago with people getting disconnected after a fixed period of time, and it sounded like it was often a Supervision issue - one person had an Opt11 that was the connection to the PRI, and that link had a parameter SUPV set to yes, they set it to no and trouble cleared - another person fixed it by adding the following to the outbound dial peer:

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 1

progress_ind connect enable 1

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

Just something else to look at...

Mary Beth

I never heard back on that one if any of those things applied in their case, but worth mentioning -

Mary Beth

I dont use pix. Instead my call manager is behind NAT. I am running Cisco IOS 12.3.11T on 2621XM router which supports NAT for H.245.

Thanks

SFA