cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

power injector for 7960s?

kenjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a building with a non-powered cisco cat switch - and only three phones i the whole building - one of them is a public wall-mounted phone and as a result highly awkward to us a power cube on - besides the powered patch panel - are there any plans to offer back-end closet injectors for the 7960's like the access points? Or am I stuck buying 24 ports of powered switches for that one phone? :-)

-ken

3 Replies 3

lisa.hall
Level 2
Level 2

Right now it looks like it. Give your local SE a shout to see what they say about options, but the current product list has nothing that would fit this scenario very well.

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

I have been using the power injector from the aironet 350's for several months on several 7960 phones with no problems. It's an excellent way of getting power out to a phone at a site that only has a few devices. I have ordered them separately, part number AIR-PWRINJ1

Hm - would love to do that except both my SE and TAC tell me that can blow the phone up - and then SmartNet will not cover me :-) Was looking for something Cisco -approved as I don't have much spare cash to replace them if they blow up :-) But you are correct it doesn't make sense that there is no power injector for the phones...