Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem ATA186 with CCM4.0(1)

etayeb_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed several ATA186 in my VoIP-Network to provide connectivity for G3 fax machines. They seem to work fine, but the event log of my CCM is flooded with the following message, one every minute:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].: ATA0D28383B7301

Device IP address.: [IP-of-device]

Device type. [Optional]: 12

Reason Code [Optional].: 1

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: [Name-of-CCM]

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

The devices are neither rehoming or anything. THey work judst fine! And the devices sending the messages are registered with the CCM!

What can I do?

4 Replies 4

mjungman
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this before. In my case, it was from ports enabled on a VG248 that were not configured in CCM. Auto registration was also off, so every min or so they were trying to register and were rejected. Once the ports were disabled on the VGs, there were no more messages. Check that the second ports on the ATAs are disabled.

OK, nut unfortunately I have not worked with ATAs much. How do I disable the second port? On the web site http://[IP-of-ATA]/dev? And where on the site?

Thanks for your answers!

I had the same problem. I could not find a way to disable the second port so I just configured them all in CallManager and left the DN blank. I have no more errors but twice as many ATA devices listed in the device list.

--Patrick

I found this paragraph in the ATA admin guide:

Note By default, both Cisco ATA FXS ports are enabled for Cisco CallManager registration. If you do not want to add the Phone 2 FXS port to Cisco CallManager, you must change the Cisco ATA EPID1orSID1 parameter value to 0 to disable the Phone 2 port. (To disable the Phone 1 port, you must change the EPID0orSID0 parameter value to 0.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4d1b.html

Mary Beth