Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS question

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I'm looking at doing some QoS testing using g711 and g729, and have read that setting the sampling rate above 30ms usually results in poor voice quality, while it is best optimized at 20ms. I was wondering how you set these sampling rates?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under CallManager service paramenters, Cluster Wide Parameters (System - Location and Region)->Preferred G711 Millisecond PacketSize* you can change it to either 30 or 10 ms from default 20 ms. G729 is also there and it gives you option from 10-60ms. This change will not improve your QoS. To improve the QoS look at QoS tools such as LLQ, WRED, compression, etc.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under CallManager service paramenters, Cluster Wide Parameters (System - Location and Region)->Preferred G711 Millisecond PacketSize* you can change it to either 30 or 10 ms from default 20 ms. G729 is also there and it gives you option from 10-60ms. This change will not improve your QoS. To improve the QoS look at QoS tools such as LLQ, WRED, compression, etc.

Chris

Chris,

I'm looking at LLQ already, but was just looking into the effects of this sampling rate too.

Thanks for your help.