"Host not found" with IP Phone Services

adressler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please help me solving folowing problem:

I configured some IP Phone Services like

http://info.cisco.de/xml/fluginformation/menu.xml ,

but if I choose that service, the IP phone says "host not found".

From a communicator everything works fine.

We use a proxy server to conect internet.

The version of CCM is 3.3(4)sr01a.

The phones are 7940/60 with 5.0(6.0).

I restarted IIS.

If I browse from publisher to URL

http://info.cisco.de/xml/fluginformation/menu.xml, I can see the HTML/XML code

of that page.

What have I to configure on the CCM to access this services?

Thank you

Best regards

Arnold Dressler

5 Replies 5

ahbanks
Level 1
Level 1

Is your proxy working transparently? (without login prompts)

This message appears when the phone can't resolve DNS or cannot reach the remote server configured in the URL.

You get this error when you try to access the service from the list of services, as opposed to when you select a menu option from within the service? This sounds like a DNS issue on the phones. To rule out a dns lookup problem, try defining the service in CM using the server's IP address instead of the server name.

If you hit settings => network configuration on the phone, does it show an ip address for a valid dns server? If not, you'll need to setup the dhcp server so that it provides dns info to the phones (a phone restart would be required after changing dhcp settings).

A packet sniffer might be very helpful to see of the phone is attempting to lookup the ip via dns and whether it tries to hit the web server. You might also verify that you don't have any firewall or mandatory proxy problems.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you for your help. I checked the DNS settings and changed the DNS server address. Now it works fine.

Thank you.

Best regards

Arnold

Nizam.Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Remove time Idle Timer (seconds) from "External Data Locations Information (Leave blank to use default)" in Phone settings.

Hope it will solve your issue.

Let me know if your issue status.

BR

Nizam

HI Nazim,

I'm wondering if you noticed you asked this person from 15 years ago if you've solved their issue. Or am I missing something?