cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Office FXS Port without PSTN Access

pghninja
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office that would like to add faxing.  They have an FXS card, and I would like their outbound calls to go out another office in the region.  I can get the inbound faxing to work, but the outbound faxing is not working.  Any suggestions on how to configure the dial peers on this.  So it would be FXS-->another gateway that has a PRI-->PSTN, I would assume that I need an outbound voip dialpeer to point to the gateway with the PRI, correct?  Will this even work?

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

This should work. Make sure you have the following:

1. Outgoing dial-peer for the correct destination-pattern pointing to the VGY that you want calls to go out on. Make sure that the protocol you use for communication between the two gateways is the same.  

2. Atleast one inbound dial-peer with the incoming called number. statement on the PRI VGY. This can be modified as needed.

3. If running version 15.x or higher, make sure that the IP address of the remote gateway that has the FXS is in the trust list. If you have a dial-peer on the PRI gateway pointing to the FXS gateway, then this is not required. 

If the above dont work, post debugs. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure why I cannot get my head around this.  When the user calls from the remote office FXS port, they get a fast busy.  I am sure that I am missing something in the dial-peers, here is what I have:

Remote Office FXS connection

dial-peer voice 514933 pots
 description *** Fax from ATL Main Office ***
 destination-pattern 514933
 port 0/2/0

dial-peer voice 1 voip
 description *** Outbound Fax Calls via the ATL Office ***
 destination-pattern 9.T
 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw redundancy
 session target ipv4:10.38.12.1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 fax rate disable
 no vad

PRI Gateway Office

dial-peer voice 514933 voip
 description *** Fax To SCN ATL Office ***
 destination-pattern 514933
 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw redundancy
 session target ipv4:10.38.12.1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 fax rate disable
 no vad

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 description *** Outbound Dial-Peer ***
 translation-profile outgoing ATLFaxOut
 destination-pattern 9.T
 port 0/1/0:23
 forward-digits 10

dial-peer voice 2 pots
 description *** Inbound Dial-Peer ***
 translation-profile incoming xlatextn
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/1/0:23

I thought that the VOIP dial-peer on the FXS router would send anything the user dials to the PRI gateway, but I know that I missing something on the PRI gateway to handle the leg from the FXS router, hence the busy signal.  Any suggestions?!

Thanks Again,

Corey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: