cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Filter / Dialing Pause

jniederauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I've recently set up partitions etc to help control toll and long distance dialing. I set up some route filters that limit which area codes can be dialed (I think / I hope!). However, in my custom made filters, when a "restricted" phone dials an outside number it takes a long for the call to actually go through... Is there something I can add or change in my route filter to make it recognize the end of dialing sooner?

(AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST) OR

(AREA-CODE == 408) OR

(LONG-DISTANCE-DIRECT-DIAL DOES-NOT-EXIST AND LONG-DISTANCE-OPERATOR DOES-NOT-EXIST) OR

(AREA-CODE == 800) OR

(AREA-CODE == 877) OR

(AREA-CODE == 888) OR

(AREA-CODE == 866) OR

(AREA-CODE == 650) OR

(AREA-CODE == 415) OR

(AREA-CODE == 831) OR

(AREA-CODE == 510) OR

(LOCAL-AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST)

Thanks,

-JDN

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

You don't show the route patterns. My guess is your using a generic pattern like 9.1@

My suggestion would be to try very specific patterns. For example:

9.18[^1-5][^1-5]XXXXXXX would cover the 800/866/877/888 dialing.

Then I'd build a specific route pattern for each of the 1+ dialing schemes you want to allow with no route filters, for example:

9.1650XXXXXXX

9.1415XXXXXXX

9.1813XXXXXXX

9.1510XXXXXXX

Give that a try, I'll bet you solve the delays as the system can now find exact matches.