cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing calls from cme to ccm through a gatekeeper testing with csim start

pierretac
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to route calls from cme to ccm through a gatekeeper. Everything seems to be working fine except when I test the calls from the router using csim start I cannot get the IP phone on the ccm side to ring. I have tech prefix set to 1# on ccm h323 trunk and 2# on cme. I have tech prefix set on and session target ras on dial-peer pointing to the gatekeeper. I have a translation pattern set in ccm to strip the 1# off of the called number from cme. when I do a show h323 gateway I see the no response from user count increment everytime I make a csim start test call. When I do a debug gatekeeper main 10 I can see where the tech prefix is matched and the zone is matched. Nothing happens after that. By the way calls from ccm to cme work. Just not the other way around.

10 Replies 10

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you please do a 'debug h225 asn1' on the CME and also the GK. It will tell you if the GK is routing the call or not. If GK is routing the call, but your call does not complete, check the CCM traces to see if the call lands on the call manager. You will be able to tell who is dropping the call and why.

One thing to note when you integrate a CCM with CME with GK), I have often noticed calls fail because of codec incompatibility. Try to allow more than one codec on your outgoing dial peer

I can verify that cme is passing the call to the gatekeeper and that the gatekeeper is receiving and passing it on to ccm. I will try the trace and see what is happening from the gatekeeper to ccm. Thanks for the response.

Greetings Mehmet,

I am using CCM version 3.3(4). I am also attaching some debugs. Can you please take a look and see if anything jumps out at you. Thanks

Guys,

Attached are the debugs to the cme router and gatekeeper. Thanks for your help.

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

which version of ccm are you using? starting with ccm 4.0 there is no possibility to test calls with csim start!

greetings

mehmet

Greetings Mehmet,

I am using CCM version 3.3(4). I am also attaching some debugs. Can you please take a look and see if anything jumps out at you. Thanks

do a 'sho gatekeeper endpoint' on the agteleeper to see if the ccm is registered. CCM does not register the e.164 ids to gatekeepers, so you must use the gw-type-prefix command to route the calls. Hope this helps.

OK. Just happened to look at your debugs. It seems your CCM is registered. If your 1# prefix is strictly for CCM, try adding the default-technology option after your gw-type-prefix 1#* statement.

You think it is incorrect to use different gw-type-prefixes for different sites? Management wants the different sites to use different tech prefixes. This can be done without using default technology right?

Normally gw-type-prefix strings are used for gateways of different technologies instead of different sites. If you only have one CM cluster, then the default-technology option would route all unknown addresses to the CCM, since oyu have the prefix in your trunk config on the CCM. If the other sites are H.323 gateways, they would register their full E.64 addressess on the gatekeeper without the technology prefix, therefore the gatekeeper would know how to route the call.

If you must use a tech-prefix for each site, then you must enter the CCM address explicitly.

gw-type-prefix 1#* gw ipaddr {address of CCM}

Hope this helps.