Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selective Masking

Scenario: Two Callmanager 4.1x clusters connected via intercluster trunk. Four digit dialplan across cluster. Site A (x1000, external phone number mask 201-111-1111) dials site B (x2000, external phone number mask 201-222-2222). Site B's phone is forwarded out to a cell phone.

Goal: when Site A dials Site B I want Site A's 4-digit extension to appear on Site B's display. If the call is forwarded out to the PSTN, I want Site A's external phone number mask to display.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

This can be done on a one-to-one cell phone number basis. Temporary fix.

On Site B, Create a CTI route point or CTI port, with call forward all to the required cell phone number. Set the CTI ports External phone number mask to Site A's phone number mask.

CFWd all from Site B's phone to the CTI route point's number. (Note the two levels of forwarding)

When phone at Site A calls phone at Site B, it forwards the call to CTI route point, and from there to the cell phone. The number that shows up will be the external phone number mask configured on the route point which is site A's mask. This will work provide you dont over ride external phone number mask at Site B at the route-list, route pattern level.

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate helpful posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

You certainly get high marks for creativity, though this is impractical for my needs. The bigger picture includes having phones from one site route out PRIs from other sites in the event of an outage. This is easy to do, though specifying internal vs external masks to apply is the trick. Thanks for the effort.

Brian