cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate LMR trunks for receive and transmit on E&M interface

5mlarsson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm connecting an handset to an E&M 4 wire interface via LMR VOIP to radios with E1 interface.

The radios are either TX or RX. As such I need to separate the E&M RX and TX trunks which will eventually end up to different E1 timeslots.

The "connection trunk xxx" command seems to start a full duplex trunk. Is there some way to separate the Rx and Tx trunks for E&M and E1 CAS interfaces to different destinations? E.g. equivalent of a command option like

voice-port 0/1/0
  connection trunk 1111 receive
  connection trunk 2222 transmit

Magnus

2 Replies 2

If i understood Correctly the LMR voip is the base station for your radios ?

I have done few  Motorola radio  integrations where they can call CUCM extensions which they connect through the  SIP trunk created between CUCM and Tetra PBX, such integrations isnt possible with your system  ? Why do you choose E&M ?

Response Signature

5mlarsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nithin, 

There is a specific handset used with a Push To Talk button connected to the E&M port on one side.

Like this:
                                                             |E1------> TX RADIO
|HANDSET WITH PTT| <--> |E&M to VOIP| <-----> |VOIP to E1 CAS|
                                                             |E1------< RX RADIO

I'm open to use any VOIP protocol as long as it can do this:

• Transfer the PTT button press of the handset on the E&M interface and convert it into a userconfigurable E1 TDM CAS 4 bit signal at the remote GW connected to the radio. (This is all fine using LMR signaling)
  • Split the RX and TX voice paths from the E&M into different E1 ports and timeslots (and even routers) at the radio side. (This is where I'm struggling...)