Views
Helpful
Replies

SMART License Expiration

ShaheerEP5682
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Anybody support by clarifying what will happen when SMARTNet contract expires in CUCM 12.5 version with Smart licensing?

What about end device registration? what limitation will be there...

Kindly help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

As I wrote yesterday if you do not have any valid token you would then need to create a new token in SSM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Thank You @Roger Kallberg 

Finally, it working fine...

I have created a new token in SSM and re-register in CUCM with the token.

Once again, Really appreciable the support, quick replies etc...Thank You

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Smartnet is for your hardware. With Smartnet you can replace your server hardware if it gets faulty.

swss is for your licenses/software . Even if your swss contract expired  With perpetual licensing model, your license will be available   on smart account. But you won’t be able to upgrade to latest version if swss expired.

with flex licensing model,  the license validity will be based on your subscription.

Response Signature

Thank You Mr. Nithin, really appreciable with your quick reply...

Kindly  more clarification, As of Now, I'm running with CUCM 12.5 version having essential, Enhanced, Enhanced plus licenses with smart account licensing. as you mentioned, it's clear that, can't able to do the upgrade if didn't renew the SWSS.  also it won't go to degraded/enforcement mode as do in flex, right? only restriction for the latest upgrade and support. other wise, everything will be fine related to calls , end user registration, adding, changing, deleting users etc...

secondly, currently i have noticed that CUCM licensing page has warning symbol and order type status showing as "waiting" as the attached.  is it related to SWSS expiration? or any  synchronization issue with SSM - satellite on-prem server?  My smart account are not updating with license usage data.

Please anyone share the knowledge which will help to sort out the issue...

Thank You in Advance...

looks like your CUCM is not able to  communicate with the Cisco Smart Account associated. check the SSM connectivity. If connectivity to SSM is okay, deregister the node and register  it again. 

Perpetual license will be your even if your SWSS expired. 

Response Signature

Thank You Mr. Nikhil for the consideration...

Will try the way you mentioned..by confirming that the SWSS expiration won't make any issues in de-register and re-register of SSM with CUCM

Swss expiration has no relation with your existing perpetual licnese  in your smart account. 
its will be available with you smart account even swss expired.

You can de-register and re-register. That could resolve your issue. 

Response Signature

Thank You @Nithin Eluvathingal for clarifying my questions which helps to sort out the doubts.

created new token and reregister it, now working fine...

Try the option to reregister your CM with the on-prem SSM. To do this you’ll need to have the token from your smart license virtual account that you created in SSM.

We just saw a similar situation with all our CM and CUC systems a couple of days ago. Not sure what caused it. The only thing that we did to fix it was to do a reregistration

Response Signature

Thank You Mr. Roger for your reply and time...

Will do as you mentioned...

Let me double confirm that, Since my SWSS smart licensing has expired already, will it be any problem arise while creating the token and re-registration?

No. As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote SWSS is not related to licenses, it’s related to the ability to get access to upgrades.

Response Signature

It might not be needed to create a new token. It could still be a valid token available in your SSM that you can use. If it has expired or if you set a limit to the number of uses you might have to create a new one. Worth knowing is that tokens in SSM are device and system agnostic, meaning that you do not need to use different tokens for various types of systems. A token is no more than a pointer to the virtual smart account to use. In this virtual account you would have your licenses to be used by any system that is associated with it.

Response Signature

Dear @Roger Kallberg ,

Could you please clarify the below points before i proceed:

1. In my case,  Can I go directly to reregister the CUCM with SSM as i can see "Renew Registration now", "De-Register" options in "Actions" menu list?

2, or do i need to go to first de-register, then re-register again?

Thank You

De- register first then register again.

Response Signature

I only did this.

image.png

No need to first Deregister and then Reregister, which would come to think of it not be an option as that menu item would likely say Register then. ':-)'

Response Signature

Thank You for your picture ...

Please be inform you that in SSM token product instance has showing Expired: as attached

Even i tried to reregister with this token,showing message expired or not valid token

In that case, what would be the procedure, Kindly advice