cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sound card in Call Manager not usable for Fixed Audio Source

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I put a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 in a MCS-7835 box running CM 3.3(4) The card shows up under device manager but in Control Panel under Sounds and Multi-Media there is no option to select the card. Under the audio tab it is grayed out as it would be if there was no card there. The driver is loaded properly and Device Manager reports that the card is present and working correctly. Am I missing something? Anybody seen this before?

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a driver issue - have you installed the drivers that came with the card?? It may be better to use the standard ones that come with Windows as you definately won't be wanting to use any fancy features or software that come with cards nowadays sometimes...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the info. It turns out that you can't changethis through RDP. When I went in using VNC it worked fine.

tparkey
Level 1
Level 1

Travis,

Do you know the exact model number for 7835 that you have? I am trying to find a sound card for ours but the Sound Blaster 16 didn't fit.

Ah yes, its the old MoH supported devices again...

Cisco only support the SB16 and a USB Audio Device from TELEX (both of which are not in production any more it seems).

The SB16 only fits in the DL380 G1 servers (MCS7835-1000) and not in the G2, G3 or G4s!!! (Be wary of bus voltages too, this is an old card remember). We had trouble sourcing the card 3 years ago, let alone what it must be like now!!! This stance has not changed in at least 3 years (how many times has the MCS platform changed in that time? Hmmm...)

As for USB devices - I couldn't possibly suggest doing the following as it is with a non-Cisco supported product... Go to Amazon and look for the Plantronics Audio 45. Connect the USB audio adapter to the MoH CCM server (done it on a MCS7835-1266 [this is a g2] myself) and follow the instructions in the CCM features documentation - can be done on the fly without a reboot!!! Make sure your cables are up to scratch to avoid static type noises in the live feed. If you use a non-supported sound device make sure you test it and are happy with it's quality in a lab before deploying.

The actual setup of the SB16 isn't obvious, if folks still need it, let me know and I will make a seperate post of the procedure.

Hi there,

Do you know if the SB16 card will fit and work with the Compaq DL320 server -- I believe it is an MCS7835? If so I would love to try to implement MoH from a fixed source and I'm sure having your procedure in hand would help. I'm faily sure I can "dig up" an SB16 somewhere around my "bone yard"!

Thanks,

Brian

pcantore,

can you please post or email me the procedure for setting up one of these cards. I am having the same issue with as the original poster. I have installed the 24 bit card which I have been told that works. It is in a CM 3.3.3(4) install... thanks for your help.

Steve

Hello Steve,

I don't know if you saw my second post on this thread but if you are having the EXACT same problem as me the issues was that you can't make changes to the card over terminal services. You have to either log on directly, use a KVM switch or something like VNC that lets you control the actial console.

Hope this helps

Please remember to rate all replies

Hey Brandon,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The model for this customer is a MCS7815I-3.0 made by IBM