cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST AND HUNT GROUPS

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure hunt groups in SRST (in versions before 3.0)? Or anything similar? I would like to give a group of IPCC agents any type of solution if they lose connectivity with CCM.

5 Replies 5

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

No, the current versions of SRST does not support hunt groups.

Regards,

Anup

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Suppose you have three agents, extn 4501, 4501, 4503, and WAN link goes down, and SRST kicks in; you can use these commands to have a call coming into 4500 (hunt group pilot for that remote site) to ring on 4501 ring first, if busy go to 4502, then 4503.

call-manager-fallback

alias 1 4500 to 4501 preference 1

alias 2 4500 to 4502 preference 2

alias 3 4500 to 4503 preference 3

This can be used as a workaround to configuring hunt groups.

Hope this helps!

Partha

kvaradar
Level 1
Level 1

Alias will work like a charm, but remember you can have only 10 alias commands with the same number.

alias tag number-pattern to alternate-number [preference preference-value] [huntstop]

(tag—Identifier for alias rule range. The range is from 1 to 10)

-K

Thank you for all your answers. I have only last doubt about your solution.

I have read the behaviour of the "alias" command and it is said that it is used "for rerouting calls to sets of phones that are unavailable during Cisco CallManager fallback".

What does exactly "unavailable" mean? Busy, without SRST service... Anything else?

Another doubt: Could I use the following command?

call-forward noan 50.. timeout 10

If I receive a no-answer, this command will route the call to ALL 50XX numbers, or to one of the 50XX extensions? It can be interesting too, can't it?

Thanks!

"unavailable" means the extension is not registered to the SRST router. In this case, the hunt group pilot 4500 is the number that is considered unavailable.

You can use "call-forward noan" or "call-forward busy" but you cannot control which extension it rings if you specify 50..

With the alias command you can control the extension that you specifically want to be in a hunt group.