cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervised Transfer (simulated camp feature)

ryan.hicks
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to achieve a simulated camp feature where a phone will forward to Unity when busy and then supervise transfer will see the subsriber's extension as busy and hold the call or record message. I can get this to work if I call Unity first and the subscriber extension is dialed.

I can not get this to work if the phone is dialed first and then forwarded to Unity when phone is busy. It always plays greeting. (maybe this is by design?)

Ultimate call flow.

->call direct to phone, if busy forward to Unity, Unity subscriber box set to ring subscibers extension and if busy ask caller to hold for or record greeting.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hmm, how does this sound...

-set up the subscriber for supervised transfer with holding

-enable the subscriber's busy greeting and set it to Blank

-set the Busy greeting's After Greeting action to send caller to Attempt Transfer For and select the same subscriber.

Now any calls that forward on busy from the subscribers phone will go to the busy greeting (yes, this is by design). Since the greeting is blank it'll skip immediately to the after greeting action which loops the caller back to the same subscriber. This time however instead of playing a greeting it will attempt the transfer.

I'm sure there's other ways to get what you're after this is just the first that came to mind.

Bear in mind that with the previous suggestion, this cannot be done...

"->call direct to phone, if busy forward to Unity, "

When using Unity supervised transfers, the destination phone that Unity is transferring to CANNOT be forwarded in a busy condition.

Is there anyway that we can do the simulated camp feature with Unity?

Jeremy Land

The closest thing is Unity's "call holding" feature. It doesn't automatically know when the subscriber the caller is trying to reach is off the phone (like "real" camp on). It periodically "tests" the destination extension by calling it.

This feature is available via the Unity AA, and ca't be used when a phone is set to forward-on-busy.