Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 CAS and MGCP

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I Configured MGCP (CCM) with the gateway with had T1 CAS (E&M DELAY DIAL) configured. I reboot the router and the controller on the router loosed the DS0 configuration and also removed all the ports. does anyone know why?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Check your router config, if you have the

"ccm-manager config" option the callmanager is given control over voice ports and some other configurations. Basically, the callmanager reprograms your router on the fly. If you want to use ccm-manager config, make sure you have your gateway configured correctly in callmanager with all the voice ports added and setup correctly. If you change anything do a reset on the gateway from callmanager and the configuration should be updated on the router. You can also just remove the ccm-manager config statement from your router and call manager will not be able to modify the router configuration. I have used mgcp both ways without any major issues. If you use ccm-manager config you may want to update your IOS to one of the newer versions if you are a ways back to avoid a few potential bugs (I ran into one that everytime you reset the gateway from callmanager one or 2 voiceports on the router would shut down.

Thanks.

I am running the latest code (IP Voice), 12.3(11)T. Yes I have the ccm-manager cofig server command. I have configured mulitple PRIs with no issues. Do any need any MGCP specific command under the voice port?? like i have isdn bind-l3 under serial x/x:23. I find it weird that the router blows away the DS0 command everytime i reboot the router, do i need to specify the channels on the callmanager gateway page?

You don't need any mgcp specific commands under the voice port, you just need "application mgcpapp" under your dial peer, and even that should automatically be configured by the callmanager since you are using ccm-manager config server. Check your gateway configuration page, you need to make sure you have configured all the voice ports on the gateway config page in call manager. After setting the subunit type for the module in question click the endpoint identifier (ie.e 2/0 1/0, etc) and it will let you set the protocols, signalling, etc. Make sure you choose T1 CAS at that point. If all else fails, change the voice card listing in callmanager to none, update and add again. You may want to try just removing the ccm-manager config option and manually configuring the router, you will just have to set your voice port settings manually on the router (any special attenuation, echo cancel, etc) rather than through call manager. This could be yet another Cisco bug too, I have 12.3(11) running on a couple routers, but they are currently at PRI. Hope this was of some help.

Here is a good config example from the IP Telephony documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_configuration_example09186a008022eaa3.shtml

Mary Beth

Does callmanager 4.0(2a) support e&m-delay-dial signalling. the documentation you send me is for 3.3(2) and says that only immediate and wink start are supported.

Thanks,

I know this is very late, but I just ran across this pretty new document (has the new routers) that has a table that lists different features and if they are supported in MGCP, H323, or both - for instance, it shows E&M Delay dial supported with H323, but not MGCP - and for my issue, FXO ports only support caller ID with H323!! - kind of a handy reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet09186a0080182d38.html

Mary Beth