cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 to Rolm PBX Integration

Corey OBrien
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to communicate b/w a 3725 and our Rolm PBX. We must use an analog T1 because our Rolm doesn't support digital trunks at this time. We have an VWIC-2MFT-T1 installed in the 3725. I am not sure how to set up the gateway trunk in CCM 3.3. The only way to see the 24 T1 channels is to use a PRI or CAS digital trunk. Can I use the VWIC-2MFT-T1 as an analog connection to the PBX or will I need to by a new card for FXO/FXS ports? I know how to config the T1 on the router for FXO/FXS/E&MWink, etc but am not sure about the CCM side. Thx.

4 Replies 4

zjwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

First off lets clarify what you are asking. T1 is a digital trunk not analog. What version of the ROLM PBX are you trying to interface with and what type of trunks cards are in the ROLM. If you are using TTI or DIR trunk cards then the digital card above wont work. You will need something like the nma-hda high density analog card.

I stand corrected. We are using DN T1 cards that are digital. Rolm 9751 v9005.6.84

We have almost the same setup. We use a 6608 blade in some 6509 switches. The card you specified for the 3725 should work. It is configured in the Call Manager gateway. They are called T1 CAS in the CCM world. Here is some infor on ising the 3725 for and voice T1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008020ecf0.html