cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Logout using Extension Mobility

Ben Cook
Level 4
Level 4

I have recently implemented Extension Mobility in our office and I am running into a problem with loging out on certain 7960 phones. I can log in without a problem, but when I go to log out, the Extension Mobility service is not there, and I have to force the logout within CCMAdmin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

You need to add extension mobility as a service under the device profile that they are logging into, same as you add it as a service to the ip phone. Once you have added it as a service to the device profile it will show up under the services key and you will be allowed to log out.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Extension Mobility needs to be associated with the device profile that signed in onto the phone. Seems like you have couple of user device profiles which do not subscribe to the service. And I assume the phone has "Enable Extension Mobility Feature" enabled and "log out profile" selected on the device.

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You need to make sure that the device profiles you are using also are subscribed to the EM service. If not, the option will not be there and you are stuck logged in.

I'm getting the same problem too. However, my implementation was working fine, but has now stopped. I can log in to EM ok, but when i want to logout, the service is not there. The only option is the original one to login. The device profile is subscribed to the EM service, but it's as if it thinks it's not.

Thank you, this was exactly my issue.  Very much appreciated.