cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updates to CCM users don't always take

tedgarner
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CCM 4.0(2a)sr1a integrated with AD. When I go into a user to associate a device and make other changes, I have to sometimes make the changes twice before I see them. For instance, if I go into device association for a user and associate a device, when I return back to the user, the associated devices item is usually blank. When I go back into device association, sometimes it shows a device associated and sometimes not.

Also, I if make a change on the user (check CTI for instance) and Update, sometimes the change chows and sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone seen this inconsistant behaviour? It appears that the behaviour is actually slow updates to the database. When I wait for awhile and then refresh the user page, the updated information appears.

Ted

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

How big is the AD environment? If you make a change and wait 15 minutes and look back, does the change take effect? Just to verfiy, you see no errors when making these changes. If you see that a change has taken effect, do you look back later and see the change not taken effect?

about 150 users. I've verified that the changes do in fact take effect they are just not immediate. If I wait from 15 to 60 seconds and do a refresh, the information is there.

I've never seen the change take effect and then no be there later. I have not seen an error while doing these process but a co-worker has - upen finding the device to be associated and checking it off and then clicking Update, she almost always gets an error which says:

Error

The following error occurred while trying to load the requested page

Could not update user

Error No: -32

Description:

If you then click on user to return to the user, the directory number has been updated but not the associated device. If you then go into device association a second time and go through the process, the device becomes associated.

It would be tough to say what this is without see a sniffer trace of the ldap communication between callmanager and AD. If the web page is not updating, it sounds like AD is taking awhile to replicate. How many AD servers are in the environment?

If your Callmanager is running AD and is integrated with your Local Network AD Farm then changes to the user must be performed from your Local Networks AD container. We rolled back AD to DC because of that it was to much to handle for a large company like ours since our Service Desk controlled AD users and we had to go through them to make changes. We have 1800 Devices assocaited to a SINGLE user because we have a Large call center that uses that USER to connect to the CTI manager to controll those devices and we see devices Disassocaiting from that user on a somewhat frequent basis. It seems to be a Call manager nuance and is annoying. Also Do you have Subscribers? if so check your replication to make sure its in sync and see what the intervals are,. if you have a Subscriber and your phones probably register to your SUB and changes are made to the PUB then however long it takes to Replicate will be how long it will take before you see that change. Also,,,,, If you are referring to the Company Directory feature on the phones and those people you add and assocaite devices to, then I have seen it take a full day before you can see that user in the Company directory after you have added them.. That is also replication that might have a lower priority and thats why it takes longer.