cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is ITS?

mmatteson
Level 1
Level 1

what is ITS? i've been told in able to get my ip phones to contact the outside world i need to purchase an fxo vic for my 2611 and then upgrade the flash on the router to one with ITS 2.0, then i will be able to assign phone extentions to the individual phones within my network and allow them to dial out through the vic or receive incomming calls. everything sound okay? or am i missing something?

2 Replies 2

benng
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ITS stands for IOS Telephony Service, basically it enables an IOS router with limited call processing capabilities using skinny as the protocol to control ip phones so they can make and receive calls.

What you have described sounds ok, please refer to the following link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/ip_ks/index.htm

-ben

nfracassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

IOS Telephony Service is a featureset of IOS which makes the router become a small but advanced PBX up to 24 / 48 users with all the benefits of IP Telephony.

We've been using it for a long time because in Italy it is very interesting for very small companies and for remote sites and we have a great experience with it.

We've also developed several applications which work with ITS (which does not have many native features out of all standard telephony features) and add a great value to Cisco product.

Best regards

Nicola