cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan on Nexus 7K (OS 5.1)

Parmanand Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I tried creating L3 on Nexus 7K & got message "% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan136" there was no existing vlan 136.

Is it standard behivour in Nexus ?

X7K01(config)#

7K01(config)# vlan 136

7K01(config-vlan)# name Dev-136

7K01(config-vlan)# exit

7K01(config)# interface Vlan136

7K01(config-if)# vrf member Ext

% Deleted all L3 config on interface Vlan136

7K01(config-if)# ip address 10.20.136.2/22

7K01(config-if)# hsrp 136

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# preempt delay minimum 180

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# priority 103

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# timers  1  3

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# ip 10.20.136.1

7K01(config-if-hsrp)# no shutdown

Regards,

PSP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour when configuring an interface as part of an existing VRF. As per the Guidelines and Limitations section on page 6 of the Configuring Layer 3 Virtualization configuration guide:

VRFs have the following guidelines and limitations:

• When you make an interface a member of an existing VRF, Cisco NX-OS removes all layer 3 configuration. You should configure all layer 3 parameters after adding an interface to a VRF.

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine this is to ensure that configuration or addressing from one VRF could not accidently be introduced into a different VRF if you move an interface from one VRF to another.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

This is the standard behaviour when configuring an interface as part of an existing VRF. As per the Guidelines and Limitations section on page 6 of the Configuring Layer 3 Virtualization configuration guide:

VRFs have the following guidelines and limitations:

• When you make an interface a member of an existing VRF, Cisco NX-OS removes all layer 3 configuration. You should configure all layer 3 parameters after adding an interface to a VRF.

I may be wrong, but I'd imagine this is to ensure that configuration or addressing from one VRF could not accidently be introduced into a different VRF if you move an interface from one VRF to another.

Regards

Looks like you are correct, Thanks for your response !!!