cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 and QoS configuration

kuismsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello could you please help. i would need to enable cos or dscp in our 2950. in fe there is a device which traffic needs to be prioritized and put i out gig interface. I do not understand your manuals could you please tell me if i am wrong if i do like this TIA Bet Rgds, Susanna

int fast 0/24

mls qos trust cos

mls qos cos 4 override

int gig 0/1

mls qos trust cos

=================

or

access-list 1 permit 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

class-map testclass1

match access-group 1

exit

policy-map Testpolicy1

class testclass1

set ip dscp 46

exit

int fast 0/24

service-policy input Testpolicy1

int gig 0/1

wrr-queue bandwidth 1 2 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 4 6 7

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Packets entering a QoS domain are classified at the edge of the QoS domain. When the packets are classified at the edge, the switch port within the QoS domain can be configured to one of the trusted states because there is no need to classify the packets at every switch within the QoS domain. Figure 24-3 shows a sample network topology.

mls qos trust [cos | dscp]

---> Configure the port trust state.

--->By default, the port is not trusted.

Use the cos keyword setting if your network is composed of Ethernet LANs or Catalyst 2950 switches and has no more than two types of traffic.

mls qos cos {default-cos | override}

----->Configure the default CoS value for the port.

For default-cos, specify a default CoS value to be assigned to a port. If the port is CoS trusted and packets are untagged, the default CoS value becomes the CoS value for the packet. The CoS range is 0 to 7. The default is 0.

For more information : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d84c9.html#21069

Thank you for your reply ! Could you please answer my claryfying question ?

So if i understood correctly i only need to mark the packets coming in from int fast 0/1 and then configure queueing. if the packet is going out through gig 0/1 i do not need the apply anything to gig interface ?

conf t

int fast 0/1

mls qos cos 5

mls qos cos override ( nned the override the coming dscp-value)

exit

wrr-queue bandwidth 10 20 40 80

wrr-queue cos-map 1 0 1

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 3

wrr-queue cos-map 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 4 5 6 7

exit

The next step is to configure next switch that is connectected to this switch and there mark incoming cos value as trusted and enable the queueing ?

Thank you very much !

Tia Best Rgds,

Susanna