Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialer causes no snmp-linkup/linkdown-trap

wagnerch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a cisco 7206 NPE-G1 running 12.3(6) but I do not get the dialer sending a SNMP trap if the dialer changes interface-status.

my config:

int dialer2

snmp trap link-status

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart

snmp-server host 10.1.1.1 public

On another interface type it is working.

Anybody who knows why the dialer which is spoofing is not causing a trap when becoming active?

regards,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you should see logging messages if the dialer interface change its state. Send logging messages up to "informational" to your RME syslogserver. Now you are able to define an automatic action (e.g send and e-mail) triggerd on IP address type of message and pattern matching (advanced option) (RME-Administration-SyslogAnalysis-define automatic action). For to send e-mail see the onlime help.

regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

minie
Level 4
Level 4

Link Up/Down normally would inidcate a Layer 2 interface coming up or going down. Interface dialer is not Layer 2 interface.

What physical interfaces consist of dialer?

the physical interface is a E1.

So there is no way to get a message from dialer, right?

regards,

Chris

you should see logging messages if the dialer interface change its state. Send logging messages up to "informational" to your RME syslogserver. Now you are able to define an automatic action (e.g send and e-mail) triggerd on IP address type of message and pattern matching (advanced option) (RME-Administration-SyslogAnalysis-define automatic action). For to send e-mail see the onlime help.

regards,

Martin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card