Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Problem

mpalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I have a router with an ATM interface which is connected to a BAS for ADSL connections and I have configure IP NAT inside on the ATM interface.

The router also has a Gigabit Interface with IP NAT out configuration.

Due to some restriction that we have we do not want communication between the users using their Private address (It is controled using ACLS), but ONLY using their public addresses.

Problem is that NAT is not performed when 2 ADSL users that comes via the ATM interface wants to communicate because the router assumes that the users are directly attached to it and it is not doing any NAT.

Is their a way to bypass this? Meaning do NAT and communicate via public addresses?

Regards

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I am not clear with your scenario, but I think it might be possible. Check with the below link will provide you more examples in NAT with different sceneries.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

I have A c7400 with an ATM interfaces with many VCs to users. Users are assinged private IPs and in order to get to the internet they are dynamicaly assigned public IPs. On the ATM interface I have nat inside and nat outside on the gigabit of the C7400.

What we want is to allow users connected via VCs on the same router) to communicate with each other using the public assigned IPs and not via their private IPs. I.E do NAT first and then talk. What happens know is that router is not performing any NATing when 2 users that are connected to the C7400 via VCs.

Is their a solution for this? Do NAT First and exchage DATA using their assigend public IP.

So what you want is to perform a NAT translation between 2 interfaces, that are both IP nat inside interfaces?

It is possible, but you have to make a policy route using route maps and a loopback interface that is asinged IP nat outside status.

Might be alot clearer if you read this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094430.shtml