Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

Windows98 client using 3.5.1 VPN client software connecting to PIX501 (6.2 and PDM v.2) connects securely and can log into NT domain and connect to shares etc. All hunky dory. However....I have ticked the VPN client dialogue box to allow Local LAN Ac...

steve by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble updating my new blade which came with version 2.5(1)S2a. I have downloaded all the upgrades for it to an ftp server. Each service pack calls for the previous service pack so the first upgrade to install is the 2.5-2 upgrade. How...

mjuckett by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A simple question. Shouldn't DES be enabled by default. I thought the standard PIX licensing included 10-user DES capability and you had to upgrade to 3DES. I just inheirited management of a 515 with DES and 3DES disabled. Does thing mean it will...

cobrien by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running 5.2(1) on a 520. It appears that the PIX is sometimes putting traffic onto port 69. My IDS thinks this is possibly TFTP traffic and trips an alarm. Is there a way to force the traffic to the correct port (or at least to a non-standard...

jsiegel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On the IDS behind the firewall, I would like to create a filter to exclude all signatures that have a source address from my server's subnet (filter all supposed attacks coming from my servers). My questions is whether the IDS still capture alarms a...

ball by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors