Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Get

Forum Posts

I am working with a PIX-506 (v5.2.3) configured to receive a DHCP address from the ISP that will be assigned to the outside interface. It is also configured for PAT and DHCP Server for the inside users. The PIX is fully functional for a period of t...

rshipley by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was told in a current TAC case that to view the iplogs you can use Ethereal. Ethereal is great, but it doesn't open the iplogs.I'm using v0.8.7 and get a "not in a recognized file format" error msg when I try to open an iplog file.It's not tcpdump ...

pbobby by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Pix 515 with one dmz.In the dmz I have 2 web servers which are very important for me also in the inside network i have 2 sql servers which talk with the web servers.My question is here to put the IDS sensor?Thanks.

I have a client that has a 2621 running the ios firewall. We have configured the access-list to log violations to a syslog server when they occur. Does Cisco make or is there 3rd party software that will monitor the syslog entries for a repeated vi...

brent by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the 675 ADSL router. We have a windows 2000 server as the pdc on the network, RRAS installed. The router is connected at the hub and is used by the client machines as the default gateway. I have been able to configure web and ftp access using ...

We currently have a 3662 with a NM4E connected to the trusted interface of a NS10 VPN device. We are experiencing dropped packets while traversing via the tunnel. After starting some pings and putting a sniffer bet the 3662 and NS10 we noticed that...

pcarolino by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear sir,I have cisco router 2610 with one direct line and one US robotics modem conected to my AUX port what I am looking for to use this line or this modem for outgoing call like Dial on demand and for incoming call, my question is how can I config...

In advance of the obvious flaming the subject could receive (and deserves), I seeking verifiable replies to disprove that VLANs provide Security. SCENARIO: A very high-security (defined as Mission Critical per federal regulations) project has a propo...