Views
Helpful
Replies

To Replace Cisco ASR1001-HX

alvinaung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

existing Cisco ASR1001-HX has hardware issue and cisco agree to replace with the new one.

This is my first time to replace for whole router.

May i know is there any procedure for install IOS and activate the license ?

Apart of the copy of current configuration is there any files do i need to back up and restore in new device.

really appreciate for the help.

Regards

Alvin

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get the new Kit and Power on do the basic configuration as mentioned below document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/install/guide/1001HX_1002HX/b_ASR1001HX-1002HX_HIG/b_ASR1001HX-1002HX_HIG_chapter_0101.html

Apply the License as mentioned above same document.

If the New Device shipped with Old Os upgrade to latest as required in the environment.

Take Old Kit backup configuration and copy in to new kit, restart the kit and compare all config as expected on both the devices.

Write the configure.

in the Maintenance window. remove old kit cables and connect to new Kit(any switches it connected, clear the ARP entry, since new device have new MAC Address)

Good luck.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The most important thing is to take the latest backup copy of the config into a supported USB stick (sometimes problems can be encountered with copy-and-paste).
When the replacement unit arrives, upgrade the IOS-XE/ROMmon first before copying the config back.