cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPWAP over CAPWAP

varma10
Level 1
Level 1

Can I configure APs to work via CAPWAP over another CAPWAP link? I am using point-to-point bridge network as circuit between two buildings and would like to traverse multiple VLANs on switch network and do CAPWAP with APs behind L2 switch. 

I have attached the image. Please let me know if the design works good. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have APs that support autonomous image, then I would go with Root Bridge & Non-Root-Bridge configuration with that.

In that setup you can have your 3rd AP on its own vlan (no need to be native vlan across bridge)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Yes, your design should work.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends on the AP, depends on the distances between the two points.
System is called MESH.

I do not think I am looking for a Mesh network here. A mesh network will have a RAP and MAP right, but I have Root Bridge, non-root Bridge networks. Also, I am connecting the third AP on the wired network. This will not transfer data wireless as the mesh network does.

Yes it will work.

Note that connection between Root Bridge & Non Root Bridge is not using CAPWAP. So it i not CAPWAP over CAPWAP

HTH

Rasika

Should I be using the native VLAN on the bridge link for the third AP that is connected to the switch? Can I use a different VLAN for it to form a CAPWAP with WLC.

Also, do I have to configure the Root and Non-Root APs in Autonomous or LWAPP mode?

If you have APs that support autonomous image, then I would go with Root Bridge & Non-Root-Bridge configuration with that.

In that setup you can have your 3rd AP on its own vlan (no need to be native vlan across bridge)

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card