Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 WLC SSO mode

abinaya.2.r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have  two number of cisco 5508 WLC. each WLC is having 200 license.

When I now plan to put the WLC in HA-SSO mode, Will the license be added as 400 on the active WLC ? Or will it continue to remain as 200?

5 Replies 5

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

Hi There,

Unfortunately, you will only have 200 licenses when both your 5508's are in SSO mode.

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send an email to the License Team with the serial numbers of both units.  

Tell them that you want to transfer 150 AP license from one unit to another.  They will generate two LIC PAK files.  

The first unit will have 350 AP license and the other will only have 50 AP license.  

Once this is done, configure HA SSO. 

I've tried that before it and it depends. If you originally got all your licenses as a base license they will transfer it only as a base license, this, of course, becomes a problem as you can only load one base license on the wlc, so the WLC you want to transfer it will reject it, since it's already got a base license.
Unless you have adder licenses on the WLC, then you can transfer them freely across.

dorugiuchici
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you can have separate licences. But as a previous user mentioned, it's best to email the licencing department and ask.

Doru Giuchici cisco web apps and networking devices.

kkristian
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar (250lic) setup, your final license count will be still 200.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card