Views
Helpful
Replies

4451-X throughput, license performance doubt

david.sua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ciscomates!

I have a doubt about licence performance into 4451-X, What is the meaning of 1 Gbps performance? I think that the maximun throughput that I can achive in total, adding each interface throughput.

In example, If I have a router for routing between two networks I can only reach 500 Mbps per interface. Or, If I need to route three networks I only can reach 1 Gbps in total, ( 250 Mbps in two interfaces plus 500 in the third one)

Am I correct?

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe the license is for aggregate bandwidth, through the backplane.

Thanks for reply Joseph.

More ideas or link reference to Joseph´s view?

Hello David,

I've got the same question, what is the performace license ?

Is cisco doing traffic shaping if we don't buy this license ? or is it a limit on the CPU cores (maybe some disabled till we activate the license) ?

Regards

ossalaza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Very late, but yes you are correct @david.sua

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: