Views
Helpful
Replies

c8200 PoE adapter usage

Dara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, 

Anyone help, when we could use Power PoE adapter on router C8200 series?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

From the Data Sheet for the C8200  "PoE ports added in the Network Interface Module (NIM) slot will require an additional external PoE power supply"

So if you install a 4-port or 8-port switch module (such as NIM-ES2-8-P) that provides PoE you need to have the additional power supply (PWR-CC1-150WAC). 

Maren

View solution in original post

The external power supply is for the PoE card only. It does not provide the 12V needed to run the 8200 itself. The internal power supply is designed for that. So, if you have a PoE card you will need both power supplies connected.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

From the Data Sheet for the C8200  "PoE ports added in the Network Interface Module (NIM) slot will require an additional external PoE power supply"

So if you install a 4-port or 8-port switch module (such as NIM-ES2-8-P) that provides PoE you need to have the additional power supply (PWR-CC1-150WAC). 

Maren

So, mean do I need to use both AC and PoE adapter simultaneously or just use PoE adapter and remove AC power?

The external power supply is for the PoE card only. It does not provide the 12V needed to run the 8200 itself. The internal power supply is designed for that. So, if you have a PoE card you will need both power supplies connected.

Got it, thank for your kindly support.

I have got a "NIM-ES2-8-P" module connected in 8200 Router,but the POE is not working. I can connect laptop to the module.Is there any specific command from config mode or interface to enable POE

And you have the external power supply connected for providing the power for PoE?

Maren

@titusroz03 wrote:
I have got a "NIM-ES2-8-P" module connected in 8200 Router,but the POE is not working. 

A PoE-enabled 8200 router requires a PoE Daughterboard.  IF there is no PoE daughterboard, the NIM-ES2-8-P will not power up even with the PoE power supply enabled.

titusroz03
Level 1
Level 1

I have got a "NIM-ES2-8-P" module connected in 8200 Router,but the POE is not working. I can connect laptop to the module.Is there any specific command from config mode or interface to enable POE

Hello,

the only command I can think of is 'power inline auto' (in interface configuration mode)...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card