Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can ping Internet but can't browse it

Hello

I'm experiencing problems with a Cisco 887M router. I have configured the same way I've done fozens of times but the users can't browse the internet. Everybody can ping public IP addresses, every user resolves URL but no one can't browse any website. The only time I found n issue like that I disabled the DNS forwarding under IP dns view default and it worked fine (it was on a UC500). Now I've done the same but the users can't browse the Internet. Any idea?

Thank you in advance for your help

DANi

17 Replies 17

Remove the lines

no ip virtual-reassembly in

from interface vlan 1

&

Interface Dialer0

Post the output of

show ip nat translation

show ip interface brief

show interface dialer 0

I would also call the ISP and inquire for the DNS IP and enter the same instead of 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.2.2

Hope this helps

Vishal

Hello everybody

I tried to remove the virtual reassembly commands from both vlan 1, vlan 2 and di0 but no results.

In my initial config there was ip tcp adjust-mss 1452 on vlan 1 and mtu 1492 on di0 but it didn't work. I tried to remove it and, how it didn't work, I configured them again but no results again.

I can't paste the output of shows int and ip nat trans because the customer has cancelled the project. Today it's going to be one of these days. Thank you all for the interest shown

DAni

works with this. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: