Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access just one site. Desk.com from Salesforce

NInja Black
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am having this issue since forever but never got to it as it wasn't critical.

From our office I can access everything but the one site i.e. <domainname>.desk.com  (IP Address 50.18.xx.xx)

This was frustrating in the beginning but putting in a static route solved the issue.

ip route 50.18.0.0 255.255.0.0 50.2xx.xx.xx

But 50.2xx.xx.xx is already the default gateway.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 50.2xx.xx.xx

Why is it that it works when I put in the spefic static route and doesn't when I remove it. Is it cause the next hop ip has the 50. address?

I am guessing the issue is with Comcast?

4 Replies 4

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

did you check putting the website ip address in url and tried..i think it will be working.

this might be a issue with dns..not able to resolve to fully qualified domain name.

kindly explain the setup and is that website hosted internally

Regards,

Gurudath K S

The website is desk.com, a ticketing system from the company 'Salesforce'.

For our company the URL changes to <Domain>.desk.com

This URL doesn't seem to have a static IP. I tried pinging it and it seemed to jump around 3 IPs.

The samething is no problem when I try to login to it from home. Its in out company the problem is.

As you said I will try and find out of the DNS name and see if it is something linked internally.

e.ciollaro
Level 4
Level 4

Default route will be used if you haven't any match in routing table for a network. Are you sure there is no match for 50.18.0.0 255.255.0.0 before you configure the static route ? Could you post the routing table before and after the static rout has been configured ?

Enrico

Sure Enrico.

Will get it tonight after office hours and share.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card