Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 switch IOS issue

m_ashok89
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

In cisco switch we tried to install new ios 15.2 but already existing ios was 12.2. After complete the IOS installation i checked "Show version". In that command version is shown my new IOS 15.2, but when i gave "show flash" command i cant able to see my new ios image details. In my flash details that old IOS 12.2 image only shown. even i checked directory itself but wherever i can't find my new IOS image. but in version my new IOS image occupied. why its happen please give correct solution.

Regards,

Ashok.M

Network Engineer

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  sh version; and 

2.  dir

Hi Leo,

I faced this issue on of my client place. right now i didn't have config file, Just i have a doubt y it was happen?

I faced this issue on of my client place. right now i didn't have config file, Just i have a doubt y it was happen?

I am not asking for the config file.  I am asking for the complete output for the commands "sh version" and "dir".  

If this is not available then it's OK, maybe someone else can help.  

hisham683
Level 1
Level 1

"dir" command would show all files on all different filesystems on the switch.

How did you perform the upgrade? Did you copy the new bin file and then specify it as the new boot image?

"dir" command would show all files on all different filesystems on the switch.

If you need help or requesting assistance, I'd or we'd appreciate if you could provide the COMPLETE output to the command "dir" and "sh version" because I or we are looking for something in the output which you may not be aware of.

Hi Sayed,

even i checked in my dir using "Dir Flash & Dir Boot flash" but i can't able to my new IOS image,,, when i use Shoe version commad that time in switch occupied new IOS image only and showing correct 15.2 version

Are you sure you have checked the directories in "dir" output ?

What command you have typed for IOS upgrade ??

It possible that when you were coping the IOS from tftp/ftp, where it asked for destination file name you might have pressed some keys like "y" so even the new IOS is there in the flash but it will show with different name (e.g. "y"). Try to check the files in the flash with similer file size as of actual IOS file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card