cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco 9300L switch autoinstall feature

kdsingh007
Level 1
Level 1

how to stop this autoinstall ? it doesn't let me enter anything on the console. Below is the output off cisco Model Number : C9300L-24UXG-4X

"No startup-config, starting autoinstall/pnp/ztp...

Autoinstall will terminate if any input is detected on console

--- System Configuration Dialog ---

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: Jul 9 21:46:15.451: %IOX-3-IOX_RESTARTABITLITY: R0/0: run_ioxn_caf: Stack is in N+1 mode, disabling sync for IOx restartability

Autoinstall trying DHCPv6 on Vlan1

Autoinstall trying DHCPv4 on Vlan1

Autoinstall trying DHCPv6 on Vlan1

Autoinstall trying DHCPv6 on Vlan1.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
conf t
 no service config
end

it doesn't let me enter anything on CLI as I cannot terminate this autoinstall feature

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should be able to send characters to the switch over serial, and auto-install should stop once you start configuring the switch.

Are you sure that your console cable/settings are correct? Could you verify by attempting to connect to another switch?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

console settings are ok and working on other cisco routers and switches

Paulina K.
Level 1
Level 1

So I ran into exact same issue today, switch 9300L with 17.12.3 IOS and bootstrap 17.14.1r versions.

Confirmed working console cable (with other device) would not react to terminate autoinstall. The trick is that the only thing terminating that is BREAK button. Which normally is missing on today's keyboards. I was working on Dell both Win10 and Win11 and could not put in BREAK with any shortcuts found on internet.

Workaround that did the job, was to download and use Tera Term terminal. It has built in Command tool that sends BREAK.

After that business as usual, hope this helps anyone struggling

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card