cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco aironet wireless Bridge 1400

jakidaslomoro
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a Cisco Aironet Wireless bridge 1410 with parabolic antenna that was in operation for 8 years. Last week the root bridge failed in the point to point connection. I replaced it with a new one placed in the same position as a root Bridge also. When I powered them up, they did not work. It seems they never associated. In this case do  I also need to do realignment so that they in LoS? I thought since I only replaced the bridge and the antenna was intact I did not need to do anything. How do  I resolve the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Justin Lomoro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Is the replacement running then same software version as the previous one?  Is the config the same as he last one? can you see any log messages in the bridges? You could also turn on debugging for detailed logs 

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Is the replacement running then same software version as the previous one?  Is the config the same as he last one? can you see any log messages in the bridges? You could also turn on debugging for detailed logs 

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

John,

The software ver is not the same with the previous Bridge. As for th  the config file, I modified an old config to port to the new one with the same parameters i.e IP address , Role, ssid and the channel. May do I need to delete the old config and copy a backup of the old into the new Bridge?

Thanks,

Justin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card