cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco sm-x-es3-16-p connecting to external switch

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All - I am having SM-X-ES3-16-P module installed in 4500 Router. I also have External switch 3750 connected in the same Router using Gig 0/0 of the Router using a Dot1 sub-interface. 

I wan to establish a layer 2 connection between 2 PCs, one is connected to SM-X-ES3-16-P and another PC connected to the external 3750. How to achieve this? will it work 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

that is what I meant: if you want a PC connected to the SM module to have a layer 2 connection with the 3750 switch, you have to connect the 3750 to the SM as well, though a trunk link...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need to configure a trunk link between the 3750 and the SM-X-ES3-16P, and then create an SVI (VLAN interface) on the 4500. You can then connect a PC directly to the SM-X-ES3-16P and another one to the 3750.

Thank you. 3750 switch is not directly connected to SM-X-ES module. 3750 is connected to the Router port G 0/0

How SM-X-ES module communitcate with 3750 

Hello,

that is what I meant: if you want a PC connected to the SM module to have a layer 2 connection with the 3750 switch, you have to connect the 3750 to the SM as well, though a trunk link...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and views on this. I accepted this as solution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card