Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 maximun channel-groups

o_unzueta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I currently have a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card.

This card does not allowed me to configure more than 2 channel-groups in my E1 port.

I need to use a channelized E1 with 10 different channel-grous (10 different conections for branch offices).

Ive read that the card i need is the HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI (1 port channelized T1/E1 and PRI HWIC).

But i need to be sure (before buying this expensive card) that this will allow me to configure all the 10 cannel-groups in 1 E1 port.

I also not sure if there is another limiting factor that could truncate the creation of so many channel-groups (ive read something about HDLC resources, but i not sure what this is, and how to find how many of these resurces my router has)

I have a Cisco 3925 Router.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct, you need to use the hardware you indicated.

View solution in original post

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You have Chosen the correct card this time. VWIC-MFT card doesnot support channelized E1.

This one supports upto 32 channel-groups. Please see below the datsheet for the same. It only supports data though. No voice support.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct, you need to use the hardware you indicated.

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You have Chosen the correct card this time. VWIC-MFT card doesnot support channelized E1.

This one supports upto 32 channel-groups. Please see below the datsheet for the same. It only supports data though. No voice support.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card