cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fractional E1 / External CSU - CISCO2921

richard-ziga
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any information as to what type of VWIC/HWIC is required for this type of environment?  The external CSU is such old technology that it is difficult to find any information regarding this type of setup for a 2921 router.

Thanks,

Rich

11 Replies 11

Steve Fry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rich,

Take a look at this:

HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI

Thanks for the reply Steve.  The problem is that the customer requires that an external CSU is used.  The card you suggested is a CSU.

thanks,

Rich

All right, I misunderstood. We have used several different models of Adtran csu/dsu. Take a look at the 120 Lite. They are faily easy to configure.

Steve, do you know what type of VWIC/HWIC is required for the external E1 CSU?

Thanks,

Rich

I ahd to look it up because it has been so long since I configured an external CSU. Look at HWIC-2A/S. Confirm that it will work with your IOS.

Yeah, this is the card that was suggested by someone else, but I can't find any docs on configuration, neither can the TAC.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All E1 interfaces support fractional E1. eg VWIC2.

Thanks for your response Paolo, the problem is I must connect to an external CSU - V.35

CAB-SS-V35MT is the cable I will have to use, probably

Then use hwic-1t.

I don't believe this card works with E1, do you know?

Thanks,

Rich

The connection type limits your choice of WAN cards, so if you have to use a v.35 cable then you can only use a hiwc-1t or hwic-2t

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: