cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many BGP routes can the WS-SUP720-BASE engine handle?

kevin_spies
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked everywhere for a couple of days but I cannot find the answer

to the above question. I see the specs for the WS-SUP720-3B and 3BXL

but not the WS-SUP720-BASE with the MSFC3 and PFC3A daughter cards.

The 3B can handle 256,000 routes using IPv4 and the 3BXL can do 1,000,000.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sup720-base can handle the same as the 3B, so 256k (239k unicast since the rest are reserved for multicast).

-Matt

View solution in original post

The reason the spec sheet is gone is because the SUP720-BASE has been end of life'd already.  3B supports things in hardware like MPLS and a few other features that the PFC3A does not support.  MPLS hardware support is the big one that is supported on the 3B versus the 3A.

-Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Matthew Blanshard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sup720-base can handle the same as the 3B, so 256k (239k unicast since the rest are reserved for multicast).

-Matt

How is the 3B better than the SUP720-BASE? I wish there was a spec sheet to compare the BASE and 3B like there is for the 3B and 3BL and 3BXL.

Thanks for the help.

The reason the spec sheet is gone is because the SUP720-BASE has been end of life'd already.  3B supports things in hardware like MPLS and a few other features that the PFC3A does not support.  MPLS hardware support is the big one that is supported on the 3B versus the 3A.

-Matt

Thank you Matt!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card