cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to assign public ip of subnet /29 between router and firewall.

MAHESH.K
Level 1
Level 1

I have been given a public ip's with subnet /29 by the isp with a speed 30Mb/s. I want to configure a network with router and two firewalls which has to be placed in two different floors. And also i have to divide the speed of 30Mb/s equally i,e.15 Mb/s between two floors.how can it be done?

6 Replies 6

Hello,

that depends on your physical setup. Which devices and platforms do you have ? Bandwidth can be shared through traffic shaping.

Can you post a schematic drawing of how you plan to connect the devices ?

Firstly i want to know where all i have to assign the public ip given by isp(Which interfaces of router and firewall).

Secondly how to load balance between two firewall.

Hello,

with two firewalls (and assuming these are ASA firewalls) you could do a High Availability setup. Public IP addresses would be configured on the outside interfaces of both firewalls.

The document below describes how to set up the ASA failover:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa92/configuration/general/asa-general-cli/ha-failover.html

Both the firewalls should be used for two different inside networks.

and also for router interface should i assign public ip address??

Hi,

Please confirm.

1. Does 1.x.x.240/29 was given to you by your ISP for your internal network use only? There is a separate subnet between your ISP and your Router.

2. Do you need one-to-one NAT (also known as Static NAT) now or in future to a host behind your Firewall1 and Firewall2? Web/Mail server.

Dandy

Hi,

1. Yes , it was given by isp for internal network use .Separate subnet isp and router , i have no idea as they havent provided anything such. Cant i use the same subnet for all the interfaces of router?

2. I need a Static NAT.

Mahesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card