Views
Helpful
Replies

how to communicate a DHCP device to router

mahendarec@123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello My Dear Friends,

I have C800 router, created a vlan and assigned a network with 14 available IPs, so site side they will connect there devices to the router and they will assign IP from those 14 IPs, now the problem is there is device called E-Guard which can take IP only via DHCP, we don't have option to configure IP manually at E-Guard, we have free IPs but how to make communication without assigning ip, moreover we have one L3 interface connected to WAN and remain all are L2 interfaces.

Is there option to create a dhcp pool with defined IPs and to make communication, if yes could you please provide the sample configuration to understand the things.
Appreciated your suggestions and valuable inputs. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

mahendarec@123 wrote:

Unfortunatly it's not possible to assign the IP on end e-guard device device, i don't have other option.

This is why i suggested you can append a static dhcp pool on the router and let that E-Guard device receive ip addressing automatically 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

mahendarec@123 wrote:

so site side they will connect there devices to the router and they will assign IP from those 14 IPs

The router should be able to support a dhcp service, but I assume the above means you statically assign addressing to these clients at present, if so and you wish for just this single host to receive dhcp then you can apply a static dhcp pool for it.

Lastly can you confirm if you a using Network Address Translation?

Example of a static dhcp pool
IP/Mac address of E-Guard using a /28 addressing- 

ip dhcp pool static
client-identifier 0101.1111.1111.11   ( 01 extension added to mac add of client)

host 192.168.1.12 255.255.255.240
default-router 192.168.1.1
dns 192.168.1.1
lease 0 12

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

what E-Guard device is that, what model/type ?

mahendarec@123
Level 1
Level 1

@paul driver @Georg Pauwen : Thanks for your both the response.

@paul driver : Unfortunatly it's not possible to assign the IP on end e-guard device device, i don't have other option.

@Georg Pauwen : it's somedevice i heard it can take ip only via dhcp no settings to assign ip manually.

Hello

mahendarec@123 wrote:

Unfortunatly it's not possible to assign the IP on end e-guard device device, i don't have other option.

This is why i suggested you can append a static dhcp pool on the router and let that E-Guard device receive ip addressing automatically 

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card