cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implications of Turning Automatic CRL Checking in Expressway

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running an Expressway C and E.

Expressway versions 12.5.6

CUCM 11.5.(1)su8

Due to increased certificate security requirements for apple iOS, we have been told we need to turn on Certificate Revocation Checking in the SIP protocol config. Basically, Jabber users on iOS devices are being prompted to accept the certificate, because apple requires the CRL checking. I would like to move forward with turning on Automatic CRL updates. 

I am trying to find out if we need to turn this on in both the C and the E servers and what is the possible impact of turning it on?  We are currently hosting around 100 Jabber users at any time through MRA and have a couple handfuls of SIP B2B video streams going on at any time. I want to make sure I don't create any severe impact for our organization.  Thank you for any guidance you can provide. 

1 Reply 1

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is your certificate valid and signed by one of the trusted CAs? The Jabber client doesn't exchange certificates for anything as far as I am aware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco