Helpful
Replies

ip nat outside static on two outside interfaces with same ip address

ashley_dew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question.

I have got a router(Router A) with one inside and two outside interfaces connected to routers (ROUTER B AND C).

Routers B and C has same LAN network 192.168.34.0/24

I wanted to create an ip nat outside source static for both networks with different natted ips 221.221.52.0/24 and 221.221.53.0/24 known from Router A Lan.

The route-map configuration of nat outside is not available and does not work.

Please note that routers B and C are external managed routers and no nat configuration is possible.

Is there a means to achieve this?

I managed to use route-map ip nat inside source static with a route-map successfully and can i do the same thing with ip nat outside source static.

Please help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you will need to bring true public IP to router, avoid already natted and overlapping addresses.

If who manages them refuses to give you public addres, switch to a different provider.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Ashley,

Can you please your problem little bit further, from description which you gave I am not really sure what you would like to accomplish.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Hi,

Sorry for the blurred explanation. We have 2 overlapping network connected to the same router on which we plan to have two different ip nat outside for each overlapping network.

I wanted to know if it is possible to do that and route to each overlapping network using the different natted outside ip addresses.

However, this will not work as per Paolo and tested it too.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Hello
i assume you wish to translate outside global to inside local addressing then try something like below:

access-list 1 permit 221.221.52.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 1 permit 221.221.53.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat pool Lan 192.168.34.0 prefix-length 24
ip nat outside source list 1 pool Lan

res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you will need to bring true public IP to router, avoid already natted and overlapping addresses.

If who manages them refuses to give you public addres, switch to a different provider.

You're right we will force natting at the remote sites router B and C.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card