Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4331 Cisco router

GMahendra
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have one ISR 4331 having only Lan two ports ..

We are now in phase of SdWan implementation...

I have two SD wan devices at site..

But I would like to only one gateway for these two SD wan devices which is going to connect router...

Option1: we can use mini switch between router & SD wan  to achieve the same.

Is there any other option?

Please suggest...

Is it possible to achieve the same by creating SVI & L2 Vlan 

Kind regards,

Mahendra

7 Replies 7

GMahendra
Level 1
Level 1

Please help as this is bit urgent.

Hello,

I think it is unclear what you are trying to achieve. Can you post a schematic drawing of what you want your topology to look like ?

Hello

so you have one router wan port but two wan devices correct?

Both options would require switch

option 1

would be to use sub- interfaces on rtr port and trunk to switch and assign two ports on the switch in to different vlans for the wan devices 

Option 2 (not optimal)

primary and secondary addressing on the rtr port and have the switch act as a transient switch and default route to primary wan devices and policy route certain traffic to the secondary wan device

However not knowing the specifics on exactly how your going to connect to these wan devices can and would change the above possible options it maybe I have interpreted your OP all wrong

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Dear Team,

I have attached sample diagram.I know we can achieve this connectivity using Mini switch.

I need your help on option 2 diagram.

Actually i want to configure the single gateway on router & but dont want to use the mini switch in between the SD wan devices & router.

Note : I have two interfaces available on router.

Please suggest.........Is it possible to achieve it by creating the  VIRTUAL INTERFACE on router ?...  
Mini switch.PNGVirtual interface.PNG

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as @Georg Pauwen  pointed, we need more information, what you looking to help here.

as per your post, yes you can connect a switch between the router and wan side, what what is the goal?

Do you have any high-level diagrams and trying to achieve?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So from your diagram it looks like you want to achieve a failover with two WAN devices. 

If you are dealing with same ISP, they could make HSRP on their end which would make your life easier.

If not, you will have to use Policy Based Routing for two WAN connections, ip sla and track come to mind.

Also, easy solution if you don;t want to go with PBR complexity is to just ask your ISP to run OSPF (or any other dynamic routing protocol) on one link and static on other link. You would have a default route from OSPF injected in your routing table and you would have a second static default gateway with higher distance. In this case, failover is completely automatic, but you need cooperation from your ISP.

Hello,

The HRSP not possible with our scenario as only one public IP available with us.

Is it possible by using virtual interface(L3 on router) & then we can assign L2 vlan on each physical interface.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card