cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

network monitoring

rajibchicago
Level 1
Level 1

We have two data centers located in two different cities connected to our MPLS WAN. We would like to monitor connectivity between those two data centers constantly, to confirm 100% availability. Can some one recommend some application (open source or commercial)? thanks

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a ton of options, so I'll mention a few from cheapest to most expensive.

IPSLA-

You can set this up to ping from one host to another. You can view the statistics and it will show how many pings have succeeded and how many have failed. This run in IOS.

Open source management program-

NAGIOS I believe can do it.

Solarwinds Network Performance Manager-

This is one is my favorite. It will graph latency times and loss. It will ever calculate device/site availability so you don't have to. Nice webUI as well.

Hope this helps.

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

you can also consider (Whats UP Gold) to monitor statistics like delay , packet loss , availability.

HTH

Mohamed

Hi,

you can also use CACTI, its free but need a bit time and effort to get it implemented, works very well.

Here is the link, and some screen shots

http://www.cacti.net/screenshots.php

Hope this helps !!!

Shaheen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card