cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

policy-map drop

cesarvelandia51
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have the configuration below on an old Router IOS 12.x and I want to migrate it to an IOS 17.x, but the

drop

action at the end is not accepted as a command on this IOS. I have seen that I can use the

police cir 8000 bc 1500 be 1500 conform-action drop exceed-action drop violate-action drop

command, but I am not sure if there is another way to do it or if this way will be working as expected and if the values I am using here are the right ones.

class-map match-all DROP
  match any
class-map match-all ISAKMP
  match protocol isakmp
class-map match-all IPSEC
  match protocol ipsec
!
policy-map NBAR2
  class ISAKMP
  class IPSEC
  class protocolos
  class DROP
    drop
!

21 Replies 21

read the above document which was suggested (any one read it ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

"(any one read it ?)"

I did, and their example shows drop being used for a policy map class action.

Issue, though, command not present.

I asked about licensing of features because in the (distant) past I have seen some QoS features missing in some IOS feature sets.

BTW, I did use Cisco feature navigator, and did see feature differences per license for that platform and IOS train, but didn't notice one specific to a policy map class

drop

command.

It's lowest rate, so it won't fully accomplish your goals.

I assume you don't have a Cisco support contract?  They would be the best source to quickly explain why this command isn't present when documentation like @balaji.bandi's reference shows it being used.

Hello, I tested this solution on my customer's Router and worked well. They tested some kind of things that they needed to drop and everything was ok. Thank you very much for your help!!!

The "solution" does allow 8k not to be dropped?

Glad that was working - as asked is that working Cat8K ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, it is working on the CAT8K, if you want I can share the show version and show license as well.
My customer made a test with SSH and that connection was dropped as expected and the ISAKMP, IPSEC and other services were not affected.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card