cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with vwic2-2mft-t1

todd.adamson
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a new 3825 Router Version 12.4(7c) software. I am attempting to get multiple T-1s (Data) connected to this box, but the interfaces do not come up. Below is my current relatent config:

card type t1 0 0

card type t1 0 1

no network-clock-participate wic 0

no network-clock-participate wic 1

ontroller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

controller T1 0/0/1

framing sf

linecode b8zs

!

controller T1 0/1/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

!

controller T1 0/1/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

interface Serial0/0/0:0

description GI-North

ip address 10.10.200.2 255.255.255.252

!

interface Serial0/0/1:0

description GI-East

ip address 10.10.200.10 255.255.255.252

!

interface Serial0/1/0:0

description GI-South

ip address 10.10.200.6 255.255.255.252

!

interface Serial0/1/1:0

description GI-West

ip address 10.10.200.14 255.255.255.252

The T-1s are up and currently operational on other equipment. I have verified the linecode and framing, but I am drawing a blank on what is wrong.

I have two of these boxes. And if I connect them via a self-created T-1 cable, the interfaces come up.

As a side note, we are moving from external CSU to an internal.

Thoughts?????

Todd

10 Replies 10

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Todd ,

check out below link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008042052c.html#wp1059810

Can you paste the sh controller output ?

Thanks,

satish

I will take a look at the link. In the meantime, attached is the show controller information for the 4 serial ports.

Todd

Hi Todd ,

One thing ..Are you using same encapsulation on both ends..Can you paste sh interface of serial output ?

What do you mean by interfaces are not coming up ? means are you mentioning about T's or serial's...

Thanks,

satish

Encapsulation is HDLC on both ends. Attached will be the show interfaces for the four serial interfaces.

These interfaces are strickly data T-1s no Voice stuff at all. When I move the Active T-1 from a working external CSU to the S0/0/0:0 interface (as an example). The interface stays in a down/down state. It does not come up at all.

The IP addresses match as well. That was verified. Thinking that it could have been a bad port or cable, we also changed those.

Hi Todd ,

what is the status of controller T1 1/0/0 and other three T's ?

Thanks,

satish

If I remember correctly, when the circuit was plugged in, the controllers would show status up. The serial interfaces would be the ones that stayed down.

Todd

gmaier
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new at this but i noticed you left out the "speed 64" at the end of your channel-group statement.

try this:

# configure terminal

(config)# controller T1 0/0/0

(config-if)# framing esf

(config-if)# linecode b8zs

(config-if)#channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64

(config-if)# no shutdown

(config-if)# end

#

if this help don't forget to write and copy to startup config.

Let me know if this helps, I'm new at this so feedback is helpful.

Greg

I will find out tonight after hours, but I believe that I tried the speed 64, but it would never show up. It is either default, or this could be the issue. I will test various attempts to get it to work.

I am open to other items to test as well.

Hi ,

Can you paste show controller T1 and remaining controller outputs ? Becoz it is easy to troubleshoot once we get those output.

Thanks,

satish

Problem solved!!!!

Don't you just love Telcos.........

They stated that the interfaces were all defined the same... T-1s,ESF,B8ZS.

Of the four interfaces, I had three different combinations of the Above. 64kb vs 56 kb, ESF vs SF, and B8ZS vs AMI. And the real kicker.... All four interfaces were by the same Telco, within the same city....

Go figure..

Anyways, Thanks for everybodys ideas... Oh and by the way, the Controllers were not coming up!! That was key. Once I realized that they weren't up, I know that the circuit definitions couldn't be correct.

Todd

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card